Celebrities: Do they help your tweeting experience?


You know we are very nosy people; that's no question. Even though we, ourselves, would hate the paparazzi harassing us, we're either at the supermarket looking at the latest issue of Us magazine thumbing through trying to see which celebrity is having a baby, or which celebrity is dating whom, or even which celebrity is walking out of the bathroom to take a number 2 (Did you know Paris Hilton even takes a number 2? Wow!). Social media sites, like Twitter, have taken it to another level by letting you know what the celebrity is doing directy, as long as you're following them. Nothing wrong with following with that, but when is celebrity tweeting too much?

From my experience of following celebrities from John McCain to Wyclef Jean to P. Diddy, I realized something: are they helping or hindering my tweeting experience?

The more I read celebrity tweets, I've come to the conclusion that they may hinder my tweeting experience. There are few ones that I follow that I enjoy but there are others that I stay away from.

A key point that helps me:

Follow those celebrities that are informative

Diddy is releasing "Last Train to Paris." The point is, I would like to follow a celebrity that has news about what they're doing professionally in order to keep me abreast. If all they're going to do is rant and rave about ridiculousness, I don't want any part of it; I have my own problems. If you want to know about your favorite author's book release, the Cd release of your favorite musician or to see what fascinating project, follow them. For all of the others, simply leave them be.

Here a few celebrities that I enjoy following:
*Honorable mentions:

  • John Mayer. The guy happens to be one of my favorite artists and a natural comedian.
If you notice, my celebrity list is a tad bit smaller than others. Who are great celebrities that help your tweeting experience? I'd love to hear from you.

The Star Jones tweet above represent celebrity tweets that I do not care about.

blog comments powered by Disqus